WordCamp Brisbane Speaker Submissions
JULY 22 – 23, 2017 — QUT GARDENS POINT, BRISBANE
We’re currently accepting submissions for speakers, so if you’ve got something you want to share, we’d love to hear from you.
Speaker submissions close May 28th.
Closer to the end of the submission period, specific topics we are after include:
- Design & development
- Themes & plugins
- Open source code
- The WordPress community
- Translating WordPress (i18n)
- Making WordPress accessible (a11y)
Other topics we may consider but have plenty of submissions for already include:
- Social media
Presentation Length: We’ll be scheduling our presentations around what is submitted, but as a general guideline most presentations will fall into 3 main categories: Short: 20 minutes + 5 minutes Q&A (25min), Standard: 30 minutes + 15 Q&A (45min), Workshop: 1-1.5hours (Double length). Presentations may have multiple presenters, and in the case of a Workshop would be encouraged.
- Talks will be on Saturday, July 22nd & Sunday, July 23rd at QUT garden Point campus.
- We plan to record all talks and post the videos to WordPress.tv. Speakers will need to sign an A/V release form prior to giving their presentation.
- Speakers will be offered free admission to WordCamp Brisbane (We can refund your ticket if you’ve already purchased one), but will not be otherwise compensated.
- The deadline to submit your speaker application is May 28th, but don’t worry if you have not got your talk worked out by this date, we just require an overview of your presentation for consideration and a title to display on our site if you are successful.
Use the form below to tell as a little about yourself and the presentation you’d like to give. If you’d like to propose multiple topics, please submit the form multiple times, once for each topic.