WordCamp Brisbane is a community event that brings together designers, bloggers, developers, artists, small business owners, entrepreneurs, and educators from all across Queensland, as well as Australia and the rest of the world. It’s our mission to have WordCamp Brisbane represent the passion, talent and diversity of that community, and we want you to be a part of it!
Talks for all skill levels will be considered, and a presentation on things you learned setting up your very first website can be just as valuable as a technical walk-through of how user capabilities and roles are implemented within WordPress.
Please be aware that we do NOT require you to be famous, or “expert,” or a programmer, or specifically credentialed, or anything like that, and if you haven’t spoken at a conference before, don’t let that hold you back either! All we ask is that you be able to present your chosen topic passionately and respectfully.
We do have some general guidelines for talks, though, and here they are:
Your talk should be…
- directly related to WordPress, or immediately applicable and relevant to our audience
- respectful of the WordPress community, the WordCamp code of conduct, and the GPL
- something that interests you, that you want to share!
Suggested topics include:
- Design & development
- Themes & plugins
- Social media
- Open source code
- The WordPress community
- Translating WordPress (i18n)
- Making WordPress accessible (a11y)
- Talks will be a total of 45 minutes but expect to leave about 15 minutes for Q&A.
- Talks will be on Saturday, July 22nd & Sunday, July 23rd at QUT garden Point campus.
- We plan to record all talks and post the videos to WordPress.tv. Speakers will need to sign an A/V release form prior to giving their presentation.
- Speakers will be offered free admission to WordCamp Brisbane, but will not be otherwise compensated.
- The deadline to submit your speaker application is May 28th, but don’t worry if you have not got your talk worked out by this date, we just require an overview of your presentation for consideration and a title to display on our site if you are successful.